The weather is warming up, jasmine is blooming in the neighbourhood and finally spring is here! To celebrate the season of blossoms and the end of winter, I’ve collected some of my favourite at-home natural beauty hacks for you.
- nature’s serum: Tomato slices are an amazing natural source of AHA’s and lycopene when applied directly to the skin.
- de-puff skin: Use chilled coconut water on a face cloth to reduce a swollen face. If you can find a fresh coconut, even better!
- morning refresher: Fill an ice cube tray with freshly-squeezed orange juice and freeze. Use the cubes in the morning to revive skin after sleep by applying after cleansing skin. It brightens skin and it looks more toned. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- fruit salad: I take leftover pulp and fruit peels from making fruit salad and apply as a chunky antioxidant mask to my face.
- keep it cool: I always have a herbal face tonic in the fridge for a cool mist to wake up skin on hot days.
- after coffee: I collect the grounds from my morning coffee and mix them with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I then use this mix in the shower as a body scrub. Simply apply to skin and gently rub all over – especially elbows, heels and knees.
- lovely lashes: I pop my spectacular eyelash curler in my pocket to warm up while I do my skincare/ foundation – this gives an amazing curl to lashes.
- brow dreams: Before bed, I apply a light coat of castor oil on my brows and lashes to encourage growth.
previously featured on www.ereperez.com/journal