It’s just too difficult to resist a decadent slice of light, creamy cheesecake. Now you don’t have to! Try this healthier homemade version that’s packed with clean, natural ingredients to nourish you from within whilst satisfying your sweet tooth. Aside from being an absolutely delicious dessert, it’s also a great source of iron, fibre and minerals such as iron, magnesium and zinc. Plus, we’ve added a splash of Tonic One for a healthy dose of probiotics to support your gut health and digestion.
The light pink spongy filling topped with fresh berries and nuts makes this cake look almost too pretty to eat, but the perfect dish to bring along to a special event. Or have it all to yourself, we wouldn’t blame you!
- 130g macadamia nuts
- 140g pitted Medjool dates
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 400g raw cashew nuts, soaked (1 hour) and drained
- 100g lemons, flesh only
- 50g Tonic One
- 120g coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 120g water
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 40g fresh blueberries, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp goji berries, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut, for garnishing
- Place all base ingredients into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 9 until well combined and forms a moist dough. Press mixture into springform cake tin (22cm) and place into freezer while you make filling. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place cashews, lemon flesh, syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, vinegar, water and strawberries into mixing bowl and blend 1 min/speed 9, or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over the base and decorate with berries, almonds (optional) and shredded coconut. Place into the freezer to set for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Place cake into the refrigerator to soften for 30 minutes, then remove from tin and transfer onto a serving platter to serve.
We would love to see what you create, so be sure to take a pic and tag us @jameswellness!
This incredible recipe is from our friend @theorganisedhousewife. Follow her for more mouth-watering recipes as well super helpful tips to stay organised around the home!